Here are a few old photos from the Plumer Settlement area. "Click" or "tap" on a camera icon () next to the description to see the photo. Please contact Keith Brandt, the site WebMaster, at Keith.J.Brandt@gmail.com, if you have any additional photos related to Plumer Settlement, or if you can help identify any of the unknown individuals in these photos.

Photograph taken at Green Hill Farm about 1898. Among those shown in this photo are Christian Beck (1828-1898) and Henry Green (1833-1915), shown as #4 and #6 respectively, who were among the signers of the Salem Lutheran Constitution in about 1874. Courtesy of Randy Beck, Council Bluffs, Iowa.

Photograph of Brandt family taken about 1903. Jürgen Brandt (1817-1906), shown #7 in the photo, was also a signer of the Salem Lutheran Constitution. Courtesy of Henry Brandt, Council Bluffs, Iowa.

Confirmation Class at Salem Lutheran Church, taken April 19, 1925. Courtesy of Mary Plumer.

Confirmation Class at Salem Lutheran Church, taken about 1927. Persons in photo identified by Ellie Cox (Arvada, Colorado) and Dorothy (Green) Buch, Glenwood, Iowa.

Pastor Samuel Estel, Pastor of Salem Lutheran Church from 1872-1874. He was instrumental in writing the church's constitution, legally incorporating the congregation, and developing plans for the cemetery. Pastor Estel later served St. John's Lutheran in Pierce, Nebraska from 1874-1883, and then was called to serve in Fountain Bluff, Illinois. Photo scanned from 1971 Centennial Book of St. John's Lutheran, courtesy of Vickie DeJong, Pierce, Nebraska.

Pastor H.E. Hoff, Pastor of Salem Lutheran Church from 1889-1922. Photo courtesy of Greg Hoff, Omaha, Nebraska.

Salem Lutheran Parsonage built ca. 1869.  Pastor Henry E. Hoff and his family lived here from 1889 until 1905 when the Parsonage burned. Behind the house was a barn. Courtesy of Greg Hoff, Omaha, Nebraska.

View of Salem Lutheran Church from the cemetery (abt. 1916). Courtesy of Dave Plumer Ewing, Wayne, Nebraska and Mary Plumer.

Collection of photos of Salem Lutheran Church before 1956 renovation, and Service of Re-dedication (September 22, 1956). Courtesy of Mary Plumer.

"New" barn showing the house in the background (abt. 1900). Courtesy of Edna Plumer, Council Bluffs, Iowa..